We provide training for honours and postgraduate students and researchers.
We are also available for individual consultations to assist with finding and managing information for your research.
We provide research skills classes for all UWA Faculty disciplines introducing students to:
- Library services available to honours and postgraduate students
- Research skills required for honours and postgraduate study
- Specialist databases for researchers
- Conducting a literature review
- Keeping up-to-date with research and following threads in research
- How to find theses
- Citation searching
- Creating an EndNote library
- Adding references to a library, both manually and from online databases
- Managing references in a library
- Inserting in-text citations into a Word document in a nominated style
- Creating a bibliography in a nominated style.
Intended outcomes for students:
- able to use Current Contents and other current awareness sources
- aware of the purpose of, and able to use, a citation index
- able to evaluate gathered information and revise the initial query
- aware of ongoing new developments in the area of information access.
We offer a number of sign-up sessions throughout the year including:
- How to find journal articles
- Harvard Referencing
- APA Referencing
- Alerting Services.
Back to top