How to find theses
UWA digital theses
Digitised theses stored in the UWA Research Repository can be located by searching in OneSearch, or the library catalogue. The Finding UWA theses page provides more information on using these resources.
To see a complete list of all UWA digital theses, go to the Theses section of the UWA Research Repository.
UWA printed theses
There are printed copies of UWA Master's and PhD theses in the Scholars' Centre. Theses can be located by searching in OneSearch, or the library catalogue.
Check the Finding UWA theses page for more information on using these resources.
We do not keep honours dissertations; for access to UWA honours dissertations, contact the appropriate School.
Photocopying of specific pages or sections of theses can be done in person in the Scholars' Centre.
Copy entire theses on requestScholars' Centre staff will copy entire theses on request for a fee:
• $137.50 (GST inclusive) for delivery in Australia
• $130 for delivery overseas by standard airmail
Theses are supplied in CD format only.
Payment, except by UWA electronic T-form, must be made in advance by credit card.
All requestors need to complete a Thesis Request form:
Back to top
Non-UWA theses can be located by searching the following online databases:
- Theses submitted to or held in universities in Australia and New Zealand. Use 'Format' box to limit your search to theses only.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT)
- Includes 2.7 million searchable citations to dissertations and theses from around the world.
- Electronic Thesis Online Service (EThOS)
- A British Library service which makes most British theses freely available as electronic downloads. Strict copyright conditions mean that you must register personally to be able to download a thesis. More information is available from the EThOS FAQs page.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses & Dissertations (NDLTD)
- The NDLTD is an international organisation dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination, and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs). The NDLTD Catalog contains more than one million records of electronic theses and dissertations. For students and researchers, the Union Catalog makes individual collections of NDLTD member institutions and consortia appear as one seamless digital library of ETDs.
UWA staff and postgraduate students can request a copy of a non-UWA thesis through Get It if the full-text is not available through the resources listed above.
Back to top
Submitting your thesis to the UWA Research Repository
Any thesis which meets the definition of "thesis by research" can be submitted to the UWA Research Repository. This includes theses written for the Doctor of Philosophy and some master's by research programs. The only condition is that the thesis must have already met all the conditions for Award.
Students who commenced their candidature after March 2003 are required to lodge their thesis with the Repository, and will have been advised of this requirement by the Graduate Research School.
Back to top